The City of Seattle disclosed the 19 non-profits that gained its most recent spherical of digital grants, this calendar year totaling $590,000.
The yearly grant plan supports non-income organizations that support bridge the electronic divide. The program is a single department of Seattle’s Digital Fairness Initiative.
The city’s Technological know-how Matching Fund grant gives up to $25,000 if jobs are accomplished in a 12 months and candidates match at minimum 25% of their request with income, time, or other contributions.
The new Digital Navigator Cohort grants up to $50,000 for assignments that are finished within just 18 months they do not require a community match.
The organizations all supply skills teaching for all those disproportionately afflicted by the digital divide. Continue reading through to learn about the award recipients.
Technological innovation Matching Fund winners
- Electronic Bridge prepares participants for professions by supplying multilingual instruction classes, electronic literacy competencies, and accessibility to technological innovation for no/lower-money citizens, refugees, and immigrants.
- Evolving Resourceful Connections facilitates electronic connectivity by providing components, working with vendors, and offering electronic literacy teaching and talent constructing for no/lower-cash flow older people.
- Digital Instruction & Technical Aid for Women of all ages empowers girls by providing laptops, private complex support, and in-depth digital literacy competencies schooling to enhance on the net mastering abilities.
- Mini Mart Town Park Electronic Infrastructure is a local community-led cultural heart geared up with digital elements, made to assistance community members by general public gatherings, applications, and workshops.
- The YWCA Notebook Loan to Personal presents digital literacy education and learning and a “loan to own” notebook plan that will allow minimal-English-speaking people, immigrants, refugees, and BIPOC people to use and ultimately keep the laptops.
- Technological innovation for All will increase the use of PROVAIL’s Technological know-how Lab and Adaptive Technology Lending Library solutions to raise digital obtain for people with disabilities.
- Connect the Working day Heart and Transitional Residence serves shoppers and employees by employing technological know-how to link with means in work, housing, psychological wellness and compound abuse referrals, and much more.
- Electronic Fairness for New Refugees and Immigrants equips refugees and immigrants with essential electronic applications and skills to come to be element of the neighborhood.
- The Facts Freeway Onramping plan provides instruction in essential digital functions and culturally pertinent capabilities to BIPOC neighborhood members included in justice.
- The Technological know-how Schooling and Employment Navigation Empowerment Venture aims to start a workshop series that serves BIPOC and minimal-money youth with electronic and career industry literacy competencies, means, and a supportive local community by means of steerage for employment possibilities.
- DIGITIZE Youth Programming presents workshops for youth of colour to learn essential coding, design and style, digital literacy principles, self-expression, and venture management.
- Khmer Local community Connects hopes to assist small-money and refugee Khmer families by supplying tablets, WiFi, and “Tech Assist Buddies”
- Encouraging Url presents a digital literacy plan and units to aid Vietnamese People and restricted-English students.
- SIFF is assisting BIPOC youth with Crash Cell — absolutely free filmmaking workshops in which learners find out digital media skills, build brief movies relevant to their community, and enhance their technical proficiency.
Digital Navigator Cohort winners
- The Multimedia Resources and Teaching Institute will continue on to get the job done against electronic adoption obstacles for lower-cash flow BIPOC people, individuals with disabilities, seniors, and other more. It will offer computing units, inexpensive connectivity, and digital skills education via multilingual a person-on-just one or tiny team support.
- The Eritrean Affiliation will support Eritreans of all ages by supplying referrals, internet entry, and aid in digital navigation and troubleshooting. It aims to maximize technological capacity for East African citizens so they can obtain critical solutions, well being prospects, employment benefits, civic engagement prospects, and additional.
- Villa Comunitaria will serve folks with limited obtain to important companies by supplying specialized support and expertise on the internet, devices, and electronic skills. This will be accomplished through 1-on-just one and compact group workshops to give culturally suitable help.
- The Somali Local community Companies of Seattle will help Somali local community members with no entry to money means or educational capacity for electronic know-how. Individuals will be supported in receiving online accessibility, gadgets, competencies, and troubleshooting.
- The Kin On Health and fitness Care Center has designed a technological innovation application specific for Asian seniors to bolster know-how expertise and enhance digital obtain. With the assistance of neighborhood volunteers from technology providers, its Property Know-how Assistance will assistance people in southeast Seattle with set up, troubleshooting, 1-on-1 instruction, and on-line safety.