The Helium network is set to deploy on the Solana blockchain as 81% of its community voted in favor of HIP 70, an enhancement proposal for operational performance and far better consumer expertise.
See related article: Helium announces new token to scale 5G in multi-network expansion
- The proposal will transfer Helium’s evidence-of-coverage algorithm and data transfer accounting to oracles to eliminate reliance on internal blockchain operations and increase its ecosystem on Solana.
- Oracles provide a important function in compiling off-chain data and relaying it to blockchain wise contracts.
- The go is predicted to enhance mining benefits, improve network efficiency and give entry to Solana-based mostly decentralized apps (dApps) and utilities making use of Helium tokens.
- On Tuesday, Helium creator Nova Labs declared Helium Cellular in a partnership with T-Mobile to give lower-value mobile membership ideas enabling consumers to make Solana-dependent Mobile tokens.
- Mobile tokens can be transformed into HNT tokens to accessibility Helium’s decentralized wireless cell community which contains nearly 1 million hotspots and 4,500 5G networks.
See related report: What is the Solana ecosystem and how is it fueling SOL’s stratospheric rise?