- Research commissioned by Lenovo reveals CIOs are extra associated than ever just before in places outdoors their traditional technological innovation purview, these types of as business enterprise product transformation, company system, and sustainability
- Tasked with escalating organizational agility and streamlining operations price tag, 57% of CIOs imagine at minimum fifty percent their current tech stack is serviceable but could be improved – with 21% seeking to swap just about all of their tech stack
A new world investigation review from Lenovo1 reveals how the CIO position has evolved, shedding light-weight on developing places of accountability and raising impact in the C-Suite, as perfectly as removing limitations to business growth.
Today, technologies is the nervous system that connects company technique, finance, innovation, functions, and talent. CIOs are progressively tasked with connecting with key stakeholders throughout the firm to be certain alignment and push execution. With IT enmeshed in each and every side of a business enterprise, CIOs feel that their businesses will have to continue to devote in digital transformation to remain pertinent. Critical results from Lenovo&CloseCurlyQuotes worldwide survey of far more than 500 CIOs contain:
- Practically all CIOs surveyed think their roles have evolved and expanded in the previous few several years, and that they are remaining requested to make organization decisions that go considerably outside of engineering.
- 9-in-10 CIOs say that their roles and obligations have expanded over and above technological innovation, such as non-standard locations these as knowledge analytics and business reporting (56%), sustainability/ESG (45%), DE&I (42%), HR/talent acquisition (39%), and income/promoting (32%).
- 82% say the CIO role has turn into more demanding as opposed with just two several years back as they are confronting a large array of distinctive difficulties, from the escalating use of AI and automation to expertise acquisition in a global, remote workforce.
- CIOs come across it most challenging to solve troubles related to info privacy/security (66%), cybersecurity/ransomware (66%), preserving up with technological change (65%), running fragmented IT seller ecosystems (61%) and adopting/deploying new technologies (60%).
- The bulk of CIOs feel their position in the business has amplified in impact.
- Additional than 3-in-4 CIOs say they have a higher affect on their organization&CloseCurlyQuotes over-all fortunes than other C-Suite positions.
- 88% agree that “my purpose as CIO is the most vital ingredient of my organization or organization&CloseCurlyQuotes continued operation.&CloseCurlyDoubleQuote
- As the CIO part expands and evolves, respondents say that their technological innovation distributors engage in an a must have position in their company&CloseCurlyQuotes overall achievement.
- Organization would sense an influence in no more than a few months if they halted shelling out on digital transformation initiatives, according to 61% of respondents. This speaks to technologies&CloseCurlyQuotes function as a crucial component of the enterprise, not just a resource of cost efficiencies.
- On the lookout ahead, CIOs assume to switch to their vendors to assist them remedy myriad issues in the future 5 decades, including rising their organizational agility (60%) and providing security of their corporation&CloseCurlyQuotes units and operations (52%), as effectively as to simplify the configuration, deployment and routine maintenance of engineering (50%), and improve costs (43%).
- 8-in-10 CIOs agree their tech vendors are “so proficiently integrated that it increases [their] in general efficiency.&CloseCurlyDoubleQuote
- Considering their new worries and evolving responsibilities, CIOs recommend their current tech stack has significantly room for enhancement.
- Supplied the chance to reboot from scratch, most CIOs (57%) say they would change half or extra of their business&CloseCurlyQuotes recent technologies.
- In comparison to the former yr, 63% of companies are utilizing much more Gadget-as-a-Assistance in their tech stack.
- As business products alter, nearly all CIOs (92%) would definitely or probably look at adding new aaS choices about the future two yrs.
“Modern CIOs are the ‘mission management&CloseCurlyQuote for their organizations their function has reworked substantially in just the span of the previous 24 months,&CloseCurlyDoubleQuote said Ken Wong, President, Lenovo Answers and Products and services Team. “From navigating advanced tech ecosystems to continue to keep up with the speed of electronic transformation, to upskilling staff and controlling a world-wide shortage of IT expertise, today&CloseCurlyQuotes CIO is responsible for the whole engineering price chain and further than. Lenovo&CloseCurlyQuotes research demonstrates CIOs are up for the problem. And they are looking to companion with their sellers to provide their companies along and realize success.&CloseCurlyDoubleQuote
Investigation business International Info Corp. estimates that by 2023, 60% of CIOs at companies globe-wide will be primarily calculated for their capacity to cocreate new company versions and earnings streams, mainly by enterprise-extensive collaboration2. But Lenovo&CloseCurlyQuotes have analysis exhibits that it may possibly be an uphill struggle for CIOs, who have determined regions this kind of as details privateness/safety, cybersecurity/ransomware and controlling a fragmented IT seller ecosystem as their most difficult problems.
“In this advanced technological setting, CIOs want to innovate, not take care of IT. As Lenovo&CloseCurlyQuotes study highlights, CIOs glimpse to their technological innovation sellers beyond just delivering the fundamentals nicely – namely, raise organizational agility, simplify configuration, and enhance charges. IT leaders also need to have counsel and steerage on how emerging technologies can increase their small business goals. The possibilities for technology to incorporate real small business value – right throughout the company – are huge,&CloseCurlyDoubleQuote added Mr. Wong.
To control an significantly complex electronic transformation journey, corporations will need basic and adaptable IT answers. Lenovo&CloseCurlyQuotes answers deliver companies the breadth of Every thing-as-a-Services offerings in Lenovo TruScale the versatility to pay out for the infrastructure answers they need, as prolonged as they will need and the depth in our know-how and products and services that empowers CIOs to concentration additional on their strategic imperatives. Companies of all sizes will need the adaptability to stay aggressive, and a scalable, cloud-like answer model is the respond to.
Sector forecasts by Technologies Business enterprise Study point out that Machine Membership Solutions are increasing at a CAGR of 26% from 2020 to 2024 and info center membership expert services are developing at 42% throughout the identical period.3 As-a-Service alternatives offer mission-vital aid and expert services, enabling firms to use know-how to scale speedily, decreased fees, and reap increased efficiencies. With its versatile and simple choices, Lenovo has served companies from the training to aerospace sectors optimize the suitable technological know-how with the possible to remodel and foreseeable future-proof their operations.
The whole examine is accessible at Lenovo Tech These days.
About Lenovo SSG Global Analyze of CIOs
Fieldwork for this research was executed by means of a quantitative study from December 6, 2021 to December 21, 2021, amid a total of 525 international CIOs. The survey sample comprised of a in the vicinity of equal variety of respondents from every single marketplace: Brazil, China, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. Respondents provided CIOs of organizations and organizations with at the very least 250 whole personnel.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$60 billion earnings Fortune Global 500 organization serving consumers in 180 marketplaces all around the planet. Targeted on a daring vision to produce smarter technologies for all, we are producing earth-altering systems that energy (by way of gadgets and infrastructure) and empower (by options, products and services and software package) tens of millions of buyers every day and jointly make a far more inclusive, honest and sustainable digital modern society for every person, everywhere. To locate out a lot more pay a visit to https://www.lenovo.com and read about the hottest information by using our StoryHub.
1 The world wide research was commissioned by Lenovo and carried out by Zeno Team. It surveyed 525 CIOs across the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Singapore, China, and Japan. The exploration was carried out in December 2021.
2 IDC FutureScape: Throughout the world CIO Agenda 2022 Predictions, Doc # US48297821, Oct 2021
3 Technological innovation Organization Exploration (TBR), Hardware Membership Companies Sector Landscape, Third Calendar Quarter 2021